WELCOME TO THE VILLAGE OF CASS CITY
Welcome to the "Thumb"
The Village of Cass City Michigan is located in Tuscola County, an area also known to the local Michiganders as the "THUMB" of Michigan.
Come for a day-STAY FORA LIFE TIME
The village and the nearby Cass River are both names after General Lewis Cass, the territorial governor of Michigan in the earlier 19th centery and the Democractic nominee for President of the United States in 1848. A sawmill was established at this location in 1851. Farming settlers first came where in 1855 Cass city was incorportated as a village in 1883. Agriculture has been constatant in the Village of Cass City and remains a large part of the economy, as well as some local industry and other small buisnesses. It is currently within Michigans 10th Congressional District.